New members may have a hard time engaging in the community at first. As a Facebook group admin, the onus is on you to acknowledge them and make them feel comfortable.
And creating a welcome post is undoubtedly a great way to start off on the right foot.✅
To know how to create a welcome post on Facebook group through a laptop/desktop, please follow the steps given below.
1. Log in to your Facebook account, and from the left-hand side of the news feed, open the group you’d like to create a welcome post in.
2. Click on the ‘Members’ tab you see at the top.
3. On the right-hand side of the page, you will see a dialog box that says – “You have xx new members in your group this week”, followed by the ‘write welcome post’ button.
4. Click on the button, and you will be taken to the compose post section with all the new members tagged
5. Customize your welcome message with the desired image, text, or video and hit post.
Note: As per Facebook’s latest update, you can welcome only 100 members at a time as opposed to the previous ability to welcome 300 members.
A good practice is to welcome new members at least once every week. We do the same in our Facebook group.
However, suppose you have a large number of people joining your community daily. In that case, you can choose to welcome new members once every two or three days. This way, you’ll be able to welcome everyone easily, no matter the new FB update and increase your Facebook group engagement.
If you’d like to get some more ideas on how to keep your members active and engaged, check out this blog 👇🏻
How to tag all new members in a Facebook group?
When you create a welcome post in your group, Facebook automatically tags all new members in the post, making things easier.
The best idea for a welcome message for new member in Facebook group
Look at this message we use to welcome new members in our Facebook group of power admins.
Here’s what makes it great and gets new members to engage.
1. Short and simple post
Our text message is short, simple, and sweet. We extend our warm welcome to the newbies and encourage them to introduce themselves by telling us about the community they are building and what problem we can help them solve.
2. All essential details in images and links in comments
As you can see, we post a carousel of images in our welcome post. Each photo tells about one important thing members should refer to in the community.
At the same time, we share important links in the comments like that of the workshop we conduct and blogs through which other admins have learned a lot.
3. Existing members make new members feel welcome
Our bunch of existing members dive right in and post their greetings, creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below.
Or you can also write to me in our Facebook group, where thousands of Facebook group admins are discussing this and more about community building.🙂
Creating value in the lives of others with my content, little by little.✨
Working at Convosight, I do more than just wrangle commas. I’m passionate about innovating new ways to create amazingly effective content and sharing it with the right audience.
Check out my latest blogs and feel free to share them!💛